Grazing & Charcuterie
Charcuterie is a French term that means preparing cured meats and related products to serve creatively and artistically. Charcuterie boards feature meat, cheese, bread, crackers, fruit, nuts, olives, and similar foods arranged attractively. The boards take many forms and are as unique as the designer. Because they are so customizable, a beautifully arranged charcuterie board makes a beautiful gift for the holidays or a special occasion. A personalized charcuterie board is also a fun way to add food artistry to your table at any time of the year.
Personalized Boards: The Perfect Gift
At Occasional Paper Cuts, we offer what you're looking for to make your own personalized charcuterie board. Choose from different size boards made from various materials to get the look you want. With so many choices, you're sure to find one that fits your needs and your budget. Here are a few to consider:
- Our Low-Cost Personalized Grazing Boards in the paddle shape come in four sizes, and you can personalize them with your name or a custom message.
- Our Personal Sized Wood Engraved Boards come in sets of 12. The size is perfect for assembling individual charcuterie boards for several people. Choose from either round or paddle shapes.
- Our Personalized Wood With Slate Center Cutting Board resembles a chalkboard, so a personalized charcuterie board design arranged on one of these is an excellent gift for the teacher in your life.
- Our Eco Paddle Shaped Cutting Board is an environmentally friendly board made from recycled paper and wood fibers. These boards are non-porous, bacteria-resistant, and safe for the dishwasher. The Eco Paddle Boards are an excellent choice for personal or commercial use. You can customize them with the text and font of your choice.
Tips for a Perfect Charcuterie Board
If you are new to the world of creating charcuterie art, you may wonder how to get started. Here are a few tips to help you create beautiful designs that your clients, friends, and family will love:
- Include foods that are salty, spicy, savory, and sweet on your personalized charcuterie board. The variety ensures that there's something for everyone at the party.
- Vary the textures as well as the flavors. For example, adding something crunchy to the board alongside smooth and creamy options is an excellent way to go.
- Use color to create visual appeal and stimulate the appetite. Bright shades of red, green, and purple are all popular choices.
- Focus on the details by including sprigs of greenery and herbs, some small lights, or pretty serving utensils on your board.
- Add labels to each section of the personalized charcuterie board so that diners know what's on the menu. This step is crucial to people who have food allergies or sensitivities.
One often-overlooked step is to provide enough serving utensils so that each item has its own and the flavors of the foods don't get mixed up. Also, make sure that every item has an appropriate serving tool. For example, dips and spread need spoons, while cheeses need knives. Occasional Paper Cuts offers lovely serving items such as these Personalized Bamboo Handle Cheese Spreaders.